Best Hospitals in the United States
Newsweek ranked the 50 top hospitals in 21 countries. The hospitals on the list are ranked based on recommendations from medical experts, including physicians and other healthcare professionals, patient survey results, and medical key performance indicators from a variety of public sources according to the magazine.
The United States had 11 of the top 50 hospitals.
1. Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minn.)
2. Cleveland Clinic
3. Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston)
6. The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore)
15. University of Michigan Hospitals – Michigan Medicine (Ann Arbor)
17. Brigham and Women’s Hospital (Boston)
22. UCSF Medical Center (San Francisco)
35. Stanford Health Care – Stanford Hospital
39. NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital – Columbia and Cornell (New York City)
46. Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania – Penn Presbyterian (Philadelphia)
50. Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center (Los Angeles)
Dr. Kenneth Hughes in Los Angeles was not really surprised that Harvard Medical School had two hospitals recognized in the top 50, the only medical school to have this distinction.