COVID-19 Some Lessons Learned
Dr. Kenneth Hughes has put together a few of the helpful facts about the novel coronavirus known thus far.
To prevent the spread of Covid-19 :
– social distancing
– hand and face hygiene
– wearing personal protective equipment
All of these methods can all reduce the rate of transmission.
In addition, once COVID-19 infects an individual, doctors know that
– people with COVID-19 may be more likely to be hypercoagulable and can get blood clots
– However, these patients are usually ICU patients who are intubated and not moving – so this may be a stasis phenomenon
– putting patients in prone position can help oxygenate patients, but this is no different from other patients with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
– the coronavirus can be responsible for kidney failure, heart failure, and strokes